OPT = Operational Template - it's the fully compiled version of a
template. See the Template Designer
<http://www.openehr.org/downloads/modellingtools> for this - it
generates them. Or else you can just do a fully flattened template in
the ADL 1.5 workbench. I can provide details on this if you need.

- thomas

On 16/05/2014 09:28, Bert Verhees wrote:
> On 16-05-14 03:55, pablo pazos wrote:
>> I mentioned the phases, several times, in my previous messages :)
>>
>> Maybe Thomas can break that up into more phases.
>
> On 16-05-14 09:16, Thomas Beale wrote:
>> I think Pablo has summarised some useful things:
>>
>>   * validate based on OPTs - this is a must; it's based on the fact
>>     that all your data are _templated_, not just archetyped
>>   * RM validation pass - you could detect pathological structures at
>>     this point
>>   * archetype (OPT) pass
>>
>> Nobody should feel bad about having to experiment a bit here. There's
>> no standard answer yet.
>

> I agree that there is no standard answer, and there will never be one.
> There will always be technical progress. That keeps us, developers, at
> work. ;-)
>
> I wish more people would discuss their technical working out of the
> standards, so we can learn.
> ----
> I am not familiar with the term "OPT". I assume, this is opt-out. As
> Pablo gave an example, if some has a DV_TEXT in an archetype, he does
> not want a DV_CODED_TEXT at that point.
>
> I agree partly with this. But only if the DV_TEXT is not wildcarded.
> If it has an attribute mentioned in the archetype:
> DV_TEXT matches { value matches {*} }.
> Then there can come nothing but a value-attribute which is a
> constrained string, in this case, without constraints. (and if
> applicable, other required attributes also)
>
> But if in the archetype is DV_TEXT matches {*} then every attribute is
> allowed to use, and it is allowed to derive inheritors from DV_TEXT,
> which is DV_CODED_TEXT.
>
> I had this discussion some years ago, at that time you agreed that
> inheritance is allowed, according to the standard.
> http://lists.openehr.org/pipermail/openehr-technical_lists.openehr.org/2012q2/007041.html
>
> Divergence from the theoretical standard on technical/practical
> reasons makes code in the context of that standard less flexible and
> less extensible and once diverged code leads to more divergence.  It
> maybe can even lead to another standard on new premiss, of which I
> know an example. But as they say in Fawlty Towers: Never mention the
> war ;-)
>
> If I misunderstood the term OPTs, please forgive me, it was not with
> rhetorical intention.
> ------
> The RM-validation pass is very easy in code. Just check it against the
> RM-XSD and let it roll.
>
> Maybe we are not aware, because everything happens in a library. There
> may be a performance issue.
> Will it be more efficient to check before, what you are checking
> anyway afterwards?
>
> Also you do not detect all pathological structures, because the one I
> mentioned is perfectly legal in the RM, when DV_TEXT matches {*} is in
> the archetype. That makes this example dangerous, it is not possible
> [...]

Ocean Informatics <http://www.oceaninformatics.com/>    *Thomas Beale
Chief Technology Officer*
+44 7792 403 613        Specification Program, /open/EHR
<http://www.openehr.org/>
Honorary Research Fellow, UCL <http://www.chime.ucl.ac.uk/>
Chartered IT Professional Fellow, BCS <http://www.bcs.org.uk/>
Health IT blog <http://wolandscat.net/category/health-informatics/>