Hi,

Thank you all for the quick responses. We will try some of the other tools
mentioned in the replies and see if they will work for us. Overall what I
have gathered is as below (please correct if I am wrong)

   1. It will be better to stick to ADL 1.4 OPT for some more time
   2. documentation on oet is not widely distributed as it is a proprietary
   format. So manual coding with oet may not work
   3. An open source ADL 2.0 modelling tool is expected to be released soon
   (Any schedule of when it is expected?).
   4. Till the new tool comes out, the options are to use ocean & LinkEHR
   tools
   5. ADL 1.4 can be converted to ADL 2.0 easily. I assume this is using
   the ADL workbench. Not sure what happens after that as we still do not have
   tools to create 2.0 templates and export them to ADL 1.4 opt.

We work with EHRC (http://ehrc.iiitb.ac.in/work.html) as a technical
partner in their public health initiatives. Access to health in rural India
still faces many challenges. Indian govt. plans to cover 60% of the
population (mostly rural and less resourceful) in the public health
programs, which given the enormity of the work, will only be possible with
highly innovative approaches leveraging technology.

We believe that information should be the backbone of any large scale
innovation in healthcare delivery in India and are working on defining some
common models that can be deployed widely across a large country like
India. Standards in EHR are very nascent in India and a lot of work needs
to be done in this area.

At this point we are in the process of modelling some simple use cases to
build capability to do more serious stuff as things evolve. One question
that we are trying to answer is whether we should use OpenEHR approach for
demographics or use traditional modelling, since the demographic data model
is fairly stable. Some idea of how others have done this before will help
us as shorten our learning curve.

regards

Dileep V S
*Founder*
HealtheLife Ventures LLP
m: +91 9632888113
a: 103, Innovation Centre, IIIT, Electronics City, Bangalore 560100
w: healthelife.in  e: dil...@healthelife.in