Normal process in healthcare:
- The patient comes in and signs an informed consent. This is the place
where the Hospital states it has to keep the records for a zillion years.
Check https://gdpr-info.eu/art-6-gdpr/
- Then after a while the patient thinks "let's delete my data at the
Hospital" :-), so the next chapter pops in at
https://gdpr-info.eu/art-17-gdpr/

Now the Hospital says look dear "data subject" you have signed the informed
consent and we have the law that stated we have to keep the data. Check Art
6 bullet 3: Paragraphs 1 and 2 shall not apply to the extent that
processing is necessary, therefore check https://gdpr-info.eu/art-9-gdpr/.

Think it's all there.. :-)

Op ma 3 sep. 2018 om 13:59 schreef Karsten Hilbert <karsten.hilb...@gmx.net
>:

> On Mon, Sep 03, 2018 at 01:08:41PM +0200, Bert Verhees wrote:
>
> > So, on medico-legal purposes as Ian and Karsten and maybe others referred
> > to, a patient, if he maintains his own PHR, and he likes to delete it, he
> > can never sue a clinician, because, he, himself, destroyed important
> > evidence.
>
> That is certainly not true, and also not what I intended to say.
>
> > For that reason, it is for a clinician not necessary to maintain
> > data-copies from the patient
>
> What ?   Even sub-legal practice law mandates keeping a record :-)
>
> I am sure I misunderstand what you are saying.
>
> > If the clinician needs access to the data, for example, to prepare for a
> > visit next day, he can ask the patient to allow access to the PHR the day
> > before the visit, but these are al infrastructural details, for which
> > solutions can be found.
>
> Not in the real world today.
>
> Karsten
> --
> GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B

Regards, Jan-Marc
Mobile: +31 6 53785650
www.medrecord.io