> Op 9 jun. 2018, om 08:26 heeft Randy Li <ay...@soulik.info> het volgende
> geschreven:
>
> I read the ARMv8 manual again, it looks the hardware float is mandatory
> in Linux Distributions and toolchain libraries. Even some cortex
> processors can be configured without FPU/NEON hardware, but I don't
> think they would be used in openembeded core.
>
> So I can assume the NEON(SIMD) would exist all the time. Leaving only the
> crc and crypto instructions are optional here.
>

> Randy Li (4):
>  arch-armv8a.inc: add tune include for armv8
>  tune-cortexa35: add tunes for ARM Cortex-A35
>  tune-cortexa32: add tunes for ARM Cortex-A32
>  tune-cortexa72: add tunes for ARM Cortex-A72

Having been forced to deal with the mess that’s 32-bit arm tunes: Let’s only
add an implementation specific tunes *after* having seem conclusive, repeatable
benchmark results. 90% of the 32 bit tune files are placebo effect and just
explode number of package archs in your distro feed. The goal of aarch64 was to
stop being different for the sake of being different, let’s not make a mess
because we are used to messes.

regards,

Koen