Am 24.06.20 um 22:24 schrieb Otavio Salvador:
Em qua., 24 de jun. de 2020 às 17:17, Stefan Herbrechtsmeier
<ste...@herbrechtsmeier.net> escreveu:
The go-mod.bbclass download data from the internet during do_compile. If
you cut the internet connection after a do_fetch the do_compile failed:

Yes, this was the better we could get without hacking go mod tool
itself. It would be nice if you can provide an alternative way to
improve it.

What are the alternative?

a) Add a fetcher to bitbake to create a vendor directory via `go mod vendor`?
b) Add a `create_go.py` to recipetool and create a recipe per module?

The solutions are related to the npm (a) and python (b) solution.

I don't like a) because it breaks the best practices of OE (for example one major version per project and avoid embedded dependencies). On the other side b) isn't so simple because of the circular dependency between go projects. This means we need a package (recipe) for the source and the binary.