On 7/26/12 3:38 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:
On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 13:16 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Phil Blundell <ph...@gnu.org> wrote:

Bletch!  There must surely be some way to solve this problem without
hacking recipe names into package.bbclass.

Yes making eglibc-locale base package to be non empty. So if we put in
something there that it never turns out to be empty is one way

Well, having things depending on eglibc-locale-locale is wrong in many
ways :/. eglibc is just the only package we split the locale generation
into a separate recipe for.

A more generic check in there which would work for multiple libcs would
be:

if pn.endswith("-locale"):
     pn = pn[:-7]

This sounds like a good alternative. It still enables breakups of the locales, if appropriate, with the only rule being that the core part of the name be consistent with whatever it's targeting.

i.e. eglibc and eglibc-locale

the other alternative which comes to mind would be so set a variable
with the name we want used there, defaulting it to PN.

I had suggested changing the PN of the eglibc-locale to "eglibc", but I believe Khem ran into a number of problems doing this.

--Mark