On Wed, Oct 18, 2023 at 5:27 PM Ross Burton <ross.bur...@arm.com> wrote:

> On 18 Oct 2023, at 13:28, Samuli Piippo <samuli.pii...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't quite see why every project/recipe should fix this independently
> when the simple workaround for this yocto-specific issue is available
> (namely the use of SYSROOT_DIRS).
>
> I’d say the one fix should be done in the protobuf cmake fragments.  It’s
> trying to find a binary _it can’t run_ which is wrong.

It's not that bad as long as it doesn't really plan to run it (only check
that it exists and that its fragment doesn't reference missing files).

The same fragment will be used from PN-dev if someone tries to use protobuf
on target and in that case the binary should exist and run. Good luck
trying to provide different cmake fragments to be used from target protobuf
in RSS and from target protobuf-dev on target.

Cheers,