Albert,

if we do so, say in Mars 2010 and we have a good parallel 5.2 and Tiny their
own 5.2 too. If there is a big delta on fundamental things like how to
handle rounding, how modules are split together (not sure the tax_include
modules are worth as externals, not sure, mrp should depend on hr just
because of a single field...), so I mean, in Mars 2010 when Tiny will say
5.2 get frozen and it's really different from our collective partner/experts
5.2, what do we do? This is my only concern because it is the path to a fork
and I doubt a fork other than Tryton is a good thing, I have no reason to
believe some leader will drive it better than Tiny overall, ERP is not like
a CMS or a framework, almost nobody can carry such a project alone...
Indeed, once we deployed a lot of those parallel versions on our customer
projects and they will do the work, who will afford getting back to an
official broken version?

I mean I'm hot for that kind of collective/expert work but only if we have
some guaranties with Tiny this is not a dead end.

Raphaël Valyi
http://www.akretion.com