Hi,

I added a little tool to play with the reply string of the RQHW command
present in Motorola bootloaders.

See
http://svnweb.openezx.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&root=svn.openezx.org&revision=2499

Now the program simply decode the string and prints out values for
some fields, but with enough examples we could even derive a meaning for
each field in the hw decriptor (e.g. ma_type == 2 means EZX or PXA) and
even come to a database to make boot_usb detect the phone model
automatically. A use for this would be to stop passing the mach_id
manually on command line when calling boot_usb.

If you have a Motorola phone around, you could reply to this message
supplying the following info.

 - Phone model and bootloader version if known
 - The RSHW string as printed out by recent boot_usb

You can even hack boot_usb to send RQHW to a non-EZX Motorola phone,
that would be interesting as well.

Regards,
   Antonio

--