Thanks for the quick reply Rob.
In my configuration I am using two VMs connected in a host-only network mode
and I can ping fine between the two VMs. And while using cbench I see the right
src/dst IPs in the packets when the switches send 'Hello' messages to the
controller but rest of the messages have 192.x.x.x type of addresses.
Furthermore, even when using it with the local host I see some of the packets
with these 192.x.x.x addresses. So I think its not a firewall issue.

I am using the OpenFlow tutorial VM which has preinstalled cbench and I start
it with "cbench --controller=<remote-IP>". May be I am doing something wrong
here.

Salman