Hi Nandalal,

There was nothing personal in my message. I just wanted to point out
that time is probably come for "out of the box thinking".
You are probably aware that current standards in the medical domain are
all dedicated to "report making". It means that nothing exists to give a
proper vision of the patient's health project before this action.

Of course, you could imagine extracting this information from the amount
of previously received reports, but it would take a huge amount of time
and, as you said in a previous mail, it would necessitate that each and
every health professional work on a unique EMR. And to be able to read
hundreds of documents each time he sees a chronic patient.
This is an "in the box vision" : the HIS can grow and become a regional
or national system in order to address the continuity of care issue.

Now let's suppose you provide the patient with a personal health project
manager that lists health problems in a diachronic way (along time) +
pointers toward (main) existing documents + health goals ("follow up
colonoscopy every 3 years", "maintain BMI below 35"...) according to
health problems.

This way, you provide the customer with a tool for customers (with his
health as an asset to manage continuously over time), and service
providers keep their service provider's tool (with a specific issue to
address during a given period of time).

Philippe