On Friday 24 March 2006 04:48 pm, Richard Schilling wrote:
> I maintain open souce software is a path toward stimulated economies and
> innovation ......  CCHIT doesn't owe anything to open source software
> and shouldn't be required to lower their fees.  It's up to us to
> demonstrate that open source solutions compete on all fronts.

I've been just lurking here for quite a while, but this assertion I
cannot ignore.

This is equivalent to ignoring the practical issues that Fred raised.
As an OpenEMR developer and supporter, there's no way that such a
model would do anything useful for me.

Nobody is going to pay thousands of dollars for certification of
free software -- not to mention that such software by its nature will
be continually evolving and so quickly rendering any given
certification obsolete.

-- Rod
www.sunsetsystems.com