Since the list has become unduly quiet, I'm taking this opportunity to
provide a short update on the OSHCA registration.

The registration document is at version1 draft 3, sent out to the Protem
Committee yesterday. I think we are quite close to the final draft,
which will be uploaded to the list for comments and discussions,
hopefully by tomorrow but for a limited period of time, possibly 7 days.
I would also need to submit a list of resolutions for adoption,
essentially to say that we all agree to the registration of OSHCA and
adopting the constitution.

I had been to see the Registrar of Societies and obtained the necessary
forms that was used as sample to develop the registration
constitution/document. I had also spoken to GKP which used the
incorporation method for their organisation - company limited by
guarantee with a non-profit status. As a company is more costly to
maintain, preliminary view of some protem committee members feel that we
register under the Societies Act.

We will then provide a list of items for discussions (as guidelines) but
you're welcomed to comment on any item, except for those which
constitute minimal requirements for registration in Malaysia. Issues to
think about are:
types of membership
membership info
membership dues
OSHCA chapters/country branches
office-bearers - how many, length of term etc.

Rgds,
Molly