Philippe AMELINE wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> The overall feeling is very good.
>
> Some comments "anyway":
>
> 3.1: Chapters and country branchs
> I think this point should be made more accurate. It is eventually a very
> important one, since local lobbying is of major interest.
> Have local branchs to be non profit organizations?
> Are local branchs members plain members of the main Oshca? Do they pay a
> plain fee to main Oshca, or do the local branch keep some part of this fee?
> I believe that this chapter must be properly elaborated.

WorldVistA spent quite a bit of time thinking about this issue as we
have had requests to form "branches" from several countries in the past
year or so. One model that we really liked is the IEEE approach of
establishing "chapters" which do not require local incorporation if my
memory serves me well. My advice is to focus over the next year on
getting the "mother ship" in order and working effectively....that will
establish the processes, experience etc. for determining how to best
distribute representation. This process is very similar to creating a
franchise based business....you first develop a successful reference
implementation to define all the characteristics of the DNA of the
organization, then develop the franchising strategy to ensure that the
DNA stays intact as you distribute the organization.

Joseph