Hi,

I have uploaded the OSHCA-registration_v1draft4 in pdf format for
discussion on its contents. Please feel free to comment on any articles
in the constitution. For ease of documentation, please quote the article
number before giving your comments or proposals here.

Please also suggest how dissent should be handled. We hope to include
your proposals into the draft document, unless there are dissenting
views in which case either the protem will decide or there would be a
vote. However, please note that the constitution is a living document
and amendments can also be  made later.

Please also note that there are some provisions that will be specific in
Malaysia such as Article 16 and Malaysian citizens such as Article 16.4.
I have yet to include provisions that would be needed to obtain a tax
free status for OSHCA. The only requirement I've included in so far is
that of Article 11.2.

We hope to have this process completed at the end of a 7-day period. By
then, I would put up the agreed resolutions for acceptance by the
"members" which would form part of the documentations that would be
submitted formally to the Registrar of Societies for registration. Below
is a sample resolution for the formation of OSHCA. If you would like to
add other resolutions please suggest on this list as well.

> _Formation of an Organisation_
>
> It was resolved that:-
>
> 1.1. This protem Committee form Open Source Health Care Alliance in
> accordance with the Societies Act 1966, and the Societies Regulations
> 1984, and all subsequent amendments:-
>
> Moved by :
>
> Seconded by :
>
> Passed : Unanimously
>
> It was resolved that:-
>
> 1.2. The above organisation be called Open Source Health Care Alliance
>
> Moved by:
>
> Seconded by:
>
> Passed : Unanimously
>
> It was resolved that:-
>
> 1.3. The address of this organisation be:
>
> Moved by:
>
> Seconded by:
>
> Passed : Unanimously
>
> _Election of Office Bearers_
>
> The following volunteers were received for Protem Office Bearers of
> the organisation:-
>
> *President :
>
> *Deputy President :
>
> *Secretary and Deputy Secretary :
>
> *Treasurer :
>
> *Committee Members :
>
> :
>
> :
>
> :
>
> :
>
> :
>
> :
>
> In the absence of any opposition to the above positions,
>
> It was resolved that:-
>
> 1.4. The above persons be duly elected protem Office Bearers of the
> Open Source Health Care Alliance
>
> Moved by:
>
> Seconded by:
>
> Passed : Unanimously
>
> _Constitution_
>
> A draft constitution, based on the "Model Society Constitution"
> supplied by the Office of the Registrar of Societies, was tabled by
> the protem committee for discussion and adoption.
>
> It was resolved that:-
>
> 1.5. The Constitution, as discussed and amended (and attached to these
> minutes), be written out in full for signing by two Office Bearers for
> submission to the Registrar of Societies, and a meeting of potential
> members on a date to be decided.
>
> Moved by :
>
> Seconded by:
>
> Passed : Unanimously.
>
> _Registration of the Organisation_
>
> It was resolved that:-
>
> 1.6. The protem President proceed with the completion of the
> registration forms to ensure a temporary registration as soon as possible.
>
> Moved by :
>
> Seconded by:
>
> Passed : Unanimously

One major question I have is: Should only those who participate in the
resolution to accept the constitution be accepted as initial members of
OSHCA and what are the members information we need to have in the
membership register?

Target date for submission is now 20 April 2006

Rgds,
Molly