Joseph Dal Molin a écrit :

>Philipe,
>
>It would be fair to say that OSHCA has been "dormant" for the last
>couple of years and that its public reputation has faded... it is not
>fair to say that OSHCA has no public reputation at all having been
>active for 4 years and having organized successful, internationally
>attended conferences each of those years.

Joseph,

I actually didn't stated my point correctly.

Vista is a strongly established organization in the US, and it now wants
to expand around the world.
IEEE has been a very well known organization for many years.

They both don't have to be "created" by the community around the
world... on the contrary, they probably fear they could be diluted, were
local branches to become too strong.

Oshca can be born because local projects exist... then Oshca can help
these local project become international.
So, my opinion is that Oshca could state more accurately its policy
regarding local branches... but I wont argue about this any longer if
nobody shares this feeling.

>IMHO the path to success is to work top down and bottom up at the same
>time. In this regard, it makes sense to start where you are now rather
>than put more things on the critical path...initially the path of least
>resistance for bottom up involvement is to get the buy in,  support and
>participation of
>active and credible "local projects", individuals and organizations to
>create critical mass....I am sure that there
>are many out there that aren't aware of this list or OSHCA. In parallel
>to this put in place the mothership...  which is what going on now, to
>establish a clear set of standards etc. for implementing chapters and
>growing beyond the "local" project representation into local chapters. A
>strong
>international organization will make it much easier to take the next
>step and of establishing
>effective local chapters and ensuring that the OSHCA "brand" and
>principles are consistently applied.....that's where having common DNA
>to start with becomes
>important.

I agree.
Do you think that the rules regarding local branches can be postponed?
This means that local branches can't be created "in the move". Why not?
But when?

What is your feeling about the other points (4.2 and 8)?

And, by the way, can someone explain the point about Trade unions?

Cheers,

Philippe