Thanks Nandalal.

I was wondering: whatever happened to the old discussions about making
interchangeable health software objects (rather than large bulky
applications). That was at a time when XML was just revving up and web
services was in its infancy. Tom Beale had a lot to share about GEHR,
artifacts and the like. I thought that was interesting. To some
extent, we implemented the same concept in CHITS but we would hardly
call it standard. (It takes a global community to create a standard?)

Does OSHCA have a framework of some sort for this kind of health
software object interchange? That's where gap is most felt in the
industry and where openness would be of most value.

I admire MirrorMed's 'gluing' stuff together. That was the kind of
cooperation I had expected from OSHCA 'products' before. And that's
where FOSS is strong and gains an edge over proprietary products.

--- In openhealth@yahoogroups.com, Nandalal Gunaratne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> alvinbmarcelo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>  This looks like a very good system. Congratulations!
>
>  I will try this and introduce it to my colleagues in community
health. Maybe some of them are already aware of it.

>  Nandalal
>      Hello all. This is Alvin Marcelo (formerly of NLM) re-subscribing.
>
>  Happy to be back and to see that everyone is well.
>
>  I return because now we have source code to share :)
>
>  Our system is called Community Health Information Tracking System
>  (www.chits.info) and it runs on LAMP.
>
>  It was designed to be modular so you can add on modules as you see
>  fit. This way the system 'grows' with you. Although the primary
>  targets are village health centers in developing countries, the same
>  modules can be used for practice management anywhere around the world.
>
>  Developers and testers are welcome.
>
>  System architect is Dr. Herman Tolentino (who is now a public health
>  informatics fellow in CDC).
>
>  alvin
>
>  PS. CHITS shirts are also on sale in Stockholm if you are interested :)
>
>  Alvin B. Marcelo, MD
>  Director-OIC
>  National Telehealth Center, University of the Philippines Manila
>  547 Pedro Gil Street
>  Ermita, Manila
>  Philippines 1000

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]