Thomas,

Can you elaborate on the design flaw you see in a message based
National e-Health Grid?   Is a message based grid inherently
flawed?   Or is the design flaw contained in the CFH implementation
of a message based e-Health Grid?   That is, can a message based grid
be implemented correctly?

With best regards,

[wr]

- - - - - - - -

On Nov 23, 2006, at 9:46 AM, Thomas Beale wrote:

> Adrian Midgley wrote:
>>
>> The driving force for the programme was, so far as I can tell, a
>> pitch
>> by Sir William Gates 3 over lunch at number 10 to the outgoing prime
>> minister, and therefore, in the nature of these things, as The Rt
>> Hon Mr
>> Anthony Blair MP steps back to being a back bench MP, the plan is
>> likely
>> to fall apart.
>>

> just based on what we read in the Guardian, it appears to be on a
> knife-edge anyway. But there has been substantive spending - CFH has
> already spent many millions (I would think many times £100m) on
> message
> development and other work that blithely assumes the central message
> bank idea, without taking any account of how health record systems
> work,
> where they might be and how they should be integrated with each other.
> Some extremely competent people working in CFH today are living
> with the
> terrible choices of a few years ago (a message-based design conception
> of a national e-Health grid), and are trying to do their best in those
> circumstances.
>
> - thomas beale
>

> --
> _____________
> CTO Ocean Informatics (http://www.OceanInformatics.biz)
> Research Fellow, University College London (http://
> www.chime.ucl.ac.uk)
> Chair Architectural Review Board, openEHR (http://www.openEHR.org)
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

[wr]

- - - - - - - -

will ross
project manager
mendocino informatics
216 west perkins street, suite 206
ukiah, california  95482  usa
707.462.6369 [office]
707.462.5015 [fax]
www.minformatics.com

"Getting people to adopt common standards is impeded by patents."
         Sir Tim Berners-Lee,  BCS, 2006