I presumed then and still presume that Mr. Gates like just about
everyone else grossly estimates the difficulty of Healthcare IT.
Optimism in this business is a disease that infects even those who
should know better such as faculty at schools of health informatics.
For example, classic software project management techniques are taught
as gospel and adhered too rigorously despite a demonstrated high
failure rate. I suppose you have to teach something.

-- IV