Will Ross wrote:

> in other words, in my neighborhood a bunch of electronic clinical
> documents that are easily organized, securely stored and safely
> shared is an improvement over the current regime of inaccessible
> paper and electronic silos.   and when semantically interoperable
> solutions arrive, we can consider them, if they are practical and
> suit the site level business processes of primary care.

I take your point Will, that's completely fair. In terms of what has
"arrived" so far, we actually have "proper" openEHR systems running now,
full archetyping, templating and so on. Ours (Ocean Informatics) is
being trialled in a number of countries. Functionally it does about 85%
of everything openEHR promises, including templates, supporting
archetype-based queries in a new query language (looks like SQL & Xpath;
this will be published soon), and the other 15% won't be long.

I would like to know if anyone here is interested in being able to play
with a demonstration system (located in Australia) over a web-service
(published API); currently you would write C# code against a client-side
DLL - the idea is to use the openEHR repository as a proper versioned,
archetyped, semantically queryable back-end. This would be for the
purpose of evaluating openEHR in a hands-on way. I don't want to get
into arguments about open source at the moment - today it is closed
source, but it will become open source as soon as we find an economic
model that pays for what we release before we release it (and in any
case, everything that we learn becomes part of the openEHR
specifications, and eventually the Java project). So the offer is for
people interested in contributing to openEHR / e-Health progress in
general, with all feedback (code if wished) being made public.

- thomas beale