--- Tim Churches <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The African project OpenMRS (see
> http://openmrs.org/wiki/OpenMRS ) is,
> to my mind, the most exciting open source clinical
> application at
> present, in the field, good technical underpinnings,
> and charging ahead.

Thanks Tim for this info, I was not aware of this
project. It seems to be in development stage yet, and
the link is
http://openmrs.org

It is using the same FOSS software as OSCAR

BTW OSCAR  is alive and well too!

> GNUmed (http://www.gnumed.org/ ), which is also
> technically very good,
> is finally getting somewhere after many, many years
> of effort.
>
> > EHR hospital ie. VistA/Care2x
>
> I take my hat off to the Hospital OS team in
> Thailand:
> http://www.hospital-os.com/en/

Yes, unfortunately the English version of the new 3.0
is not available yet

> > PHR ie Indivo
> >
> > Interoperability/MPI Mirth/OHF etc etc.
>
> Mirth looks exciting and well-executed, and we are
> keen to use it. Has
> anyone tested it or used it for serious work?
>
> Public health/epidemiology (think avian/pandemic
> influenza):
>
> OpenEpi is a useful tool: http://www.openepi.com/
>
> Our own NetEpi project (see http://www.netepi.org )
> is approaching its
> Version 1.0 release - V1.0beta and updated Web site
> by the end of Jan
> 2007, plus, I hope, a bootable liveCD demo disc,
> with V1.0 final to
> follow in Feb.

The disaster Mangament Project Sahana, is developing a
module for pandemics, and I will be joining in it's
finalizing touches soon.

http://www.sahana.lk/

Nandalal

> Tim C