I was going to ask Thomas the same question about attending the OSHCA
conference. He can anchor the session(s) on standards/open standards.
I forwarded the latest remarks on "open" standards by Stephen Chu from
HL7 NZ to the OSHCA Committee mailing list, where he would like the word
"open" to be dropped. Maybe we can "compromise" on the use of the word
"open". We can then give the HL7 and APAMI attendees a good round of
debates as to why "open" is a necessary criteria for standards. Does
"open" mean "freely available" as in the way we use the word "free" as
in "freedom" and not as in "free beer"?

Incidently I still have no volunteer to be the chairman for the
Scientific sub-committee of the Organising committee for the Conference.
I've volunteered to take care of logistics and I think everyone can chip
in for publicity. Any other sub-committees?

There were suggestions from Klaus of HL7 Australia to move the date to
May 8-11 because our original dates clash with several HL7 activities
and that the new dates will be closer to HIMSS Asia-Pacific in Singapore
(May 13-15). Since I don't receive any objections, I believe the OSHCA
committee will endorse the new dates.

Incidently, I have a request that was brought up in the APAMI list to
get in touch with Will Ross (of  the Mendocino County Health Records
Exchange) and Ignacio Valdez to attend the OSHCA conference. Over to you
Will and Ignacio.

I would like to request Bhaskar to present GT.M on the technology
session. Bhaskar, please take note of the change of date. It will be
properly announced after its endorsement.

Rgds,
Molly