Paul,
    I have a question as to the interoperability of OpenMRS.  At what
level can or could it interoperate with other systems?  It seems to have
its own API rather than some of the "standard" APIs out there.   This
information says that OpenMRS isn't another "stovepipe", but only talks
of how others can use it as a building block for their system.  It is
clearly
open, but this alone doesn't mean that it is interoperable with other
existing
systems.  In addition, can it be used in a "federated" environment where
information is linked together from a variety of locations?

Thanks,

Dave Forslund