> Many of us wear multiple hats.  90% of the time, it does not matter
 > which hat we are wearing, but it is critical to clarify which hat is
 > being worn when speaking if there is the possibility of ambiguity.
 > Also, it is not actual ambiguity in our minds that matters - it is the
 > potential for ambiguity in the minds of the recipient as well as those
 > who may read or hear those words downstream, possibly in a different
 > context.

....the above reminds me of a quote I heard last week at a Harvard Med.
School conference:

"there is no better antiseptic than sunlight"

The basic lesson in this discussion from a business perspective is that
transparency is a critical success factor if an
organization/individual/company wants to position themselves as an "open
source" solution provider. This issue has presented itself at least a
couple of times on openhealth and elsewhere...

Joseph