I'll second that.  There are (at least) two types of non-profit
organizations in the US: those incorporated under section 501(c)(3) and
501(c)(6).  Before you incorporate, do check which with an attorney as
to which is best for your needs.  There certainly is a need in the FOSS
health space for both types.

Regards
-- Bhaskar