Hi Bhaskar!

Long time no chat! 501(c)3 would be a valid approach. When we
incorporated www.ifossf.org, we went this route. You should also check
the states that offer more conducive environments for nonprofit
incorporation. The State of Michigan is a good option. An attorney is
must and a strategy to make the community and various donor
foundations around the US is also much needed in the initial startup.

Good luck all! Great initiative and do let me know if I can be a part of it!

--

Regards.