I didn't think you were pointing to me, Fred, but I do thank you anyway for
clarifying.

To follow up on Alvin's comment, I have several other programs I'm considering
licensing as FOSS, but the functions that I believe would be most useful to the
FOSS community consist of a radical/disruptive (novel and non-obvious)
underlying patented methodology. The problem is that the BOD and shareholders
in our small company simply refuse adopt a FOSS license since it would mean
relinquishing the tens of thousands of dollars and man-hours we've invested
over past 15 years, even though I personally believe in the FOSS model. This is
why I've not been able to participate as much as I would like. I've discussed
this issue on my blog at http://opensourceandpatents.blogspot.com/.

While a free *noncommercial* use license would be acceptable, the idea that
other companies could profit from the methodology for which we've invested so
much, but without even minimal return on our investment, is simply not
acceptable to those in my company. I was hoping for some mutually acceptable
solutions, but at this time I still do not know how to resolve this dilemma.

Steve