On 31/08/12 01:10 PM, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
On 08/30/12 06:08 PM, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:
And the "farewell" message (if you can call it that) here:

http://lwn.net/Articles/514046/
http://openindiana.org/pipermail/oi-dev/2012-August/thread.html has the original
message and responses on the developer list.

Interesting, although I can't post to that list.

It's sad and disappointing and understandable and all that for the project lead to quit, but seriously: waking up this morning to read without warning that I was a bonehead for ever considering OpenIndiana, and that the hours, and hours, and hours I dedicated to evangelizing OpenIndiana was actually stupid because at the end of the day Linux is good enough? Well, I sincerely hope *this* is final:

--
Dave Koelmeyer
http://www.davekoelmeyer.co.nz