On 05/14/14 03:38 PM, Discussion list for OpenIndiana wrote:
The reason for the change is the yahoo DMARC policy change which results in
anyone using yahoo for mail to get bounced.  So changing it back excludes
anyone using yahoo from participating.  Every mailing list has been similarly
affected.  It's just a matter of time before gmail and others follow yahoo.

I have suggested changes to the rewriting of the "From:" line similar to what the Illumos lists
are doing i.e. "Joe User via OpenIndiana-Discuss@OpenIndiana.org"
admins.

Reg
Let Yahoo users change mail provider and/or complain to Yahoo itself for changes.

I am not sure if i understood everything right, but if Yahoo changed something, that is Yahoo's problem , not the problem of mailing lists settings.

I am not going to accept not viewing mail addresses (so I can communicate directly if I want to) to people on the mailing list (except freenode's borked archives are broken in that way, too) for just some mailbox company deciding for their users and scr* up mailing lists.

Let them abandon Yahoo and use other mail addresses or let Yahoo fix that.
And same goes for Gmail - I will abandon it if it interferes with my free communication. (Even from before I have enough headache with Google mail that is not sending me back my messages I mail to the list)

Btw, it needs to be decided on admin level what to do, we want our list like it was, I don't think just rewriting From: is the solution, mailing lists are not made to be destroyed by any mail provider.

Nikola M.

On Wed, 5/14/14, Discussion list for OpenIndiana