On 03/16/21 04:27 PM, Carsten Grzemba via openindiana-discuss wrote:
I made available a firefox package 68esr for testing

Unfortunately for the moment there is a restriction!
There is a setting in /etc/system necessary:

set _userlimit=0x7fffc0000000

whithout this, FF will raise a assertion in JS code.

If you want to give it a try then:

$ pfexec pkg set-publisher http://pkg.toc.de/userland userland
$ pfexec pkg set-publisher --non-sticky openindiana.org
$ pfexec pkg install firefox@68.12.0 firefox-bookmarks@68.12.0

Many thanks to
Till for the powerfull build server,
Alan for the valuable hints about the VM configuration,
the mozilla community for hints to adapt the code for illumos

-- Carsten

Hello!

After a

#pkg update

installation worked as mentioned.

Please note, this firefox version creates a new database folder in ~/.mozilla, if you make backups of yor bookmarks prior to this firefox-update they will be easier to migrate.

Everything works fine and it seems to be fast!! My simple stress-test of opening all tabs im my oi-bookmarksfolder worked very well.

By the way - what does "set _userlimit=0x7fffc0000000" actually do - and what does the limit mean to me as the user ??

Thanks for the efforts to get this to work!

Greetings

Stephan