Alex, On Tue, Sep 22, 2026 at 6:51 PM Alex Gorouvein <[email protected]> wrote: > > Thank you for clarification, Peter. I will ensure my next patch > incorporates this and the three previously mentioned issues.
Thanks for all the work you're putting in here. > Just curious, which SPARC machine do you have? Many years ago I had a > headless SS5. The machine I tested was a T8-1 (64x 5GHz SPARC-M8 CPUs) running Solaris 11.4, it's in the gcc compile farm so is always running which makes it useful for quick tests. I have a T4-1 and some T5140s at home, which run for a few hours a week. > Alex > > On Tue, Sep 22, 2026 at 5:12 AM Peter Tribble <[email protected]> > wrote: > > > Alex, > > > > Thanks for the fixes! > > > > On Tue, Sep 22, 2026 at 2:15 AM Alex Gorouvein <[email protected]> > > wrote: > > > > > > On the blank CPU panel on SPARC — I don't have SPARC hardware to test > > > against, so if you get a chance, `kstat -p cpu_stat:0` on that machine > > > would help me see whether the counter names or layout differ from what > > the > > > collector expects. > > > > Ah, I see the problem. There isn't a cpu 0. That's true in general - the > > cpu id > > doesn't have to start at 0, and the list doesn't have to be > > contiguous. Especially > > on SPARC, where the cpu id comes from system topology rather than being > > simply enumerated. On this system, the id is the range 64-127. So the logic > > that loops over 0-63 misses everything. > > > > -- > > -Peter Tribble > > https://www.petertribble.co.uk/ - https://ptribble.blogspot.com/ > > > > _______________________________________________ > > openindiana-discuss mailing list > > [email protected] > > https://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss > > > _______________________________________________ > openindiana-discuss mailing list > [email protected] > https://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss -- -Peter Tribble https://www.petertribble.co.uk/ - https://ptribble.blogspot.com/ _______________________________________________ openindiana-discuss mailing list [email protected] https://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss
