Joe is right, although one slight addition is in order:

[we] have used windows es2 to vet out platform specific bugs. I think we just don't ship with that support.

The reason we don't ship the prism-es2 pipeline it is that the OpenGL drivers shipped by Intel, and to a lesser extent ATI, on Windows are too buggy for us to support. Various things simply don't work on Intel HD cards for example.

-- Kevin

Joseph Andresen wrote:
Hi Tobias,

I took an extensive look into exactly what angle provides in terms of a feature set, and at the time, found that it wouldn't really get us anything. Technical challenges aside, being able to run the GL pipe on windows is not limited by prism, in fact in the past me and other engineers have used windows es2 to vet out platform specific bugs. I think we just don't ship with that support.

I do think one interesting thing to set up would be to use it to validate our shaders (if all the legal stuff worked out and we were actually able to use it).

-Joe