On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 7:09 PM, Joseph Andresen
<joseph.andre...@oracle.com> wrote:
> I also forgot,
>
> The argument could be made that if we did indeed use angle, we could ditch
> our directx 9 pipeline altogether and just use "one" hardware pipeline. We
> would really have to evaluate this though, and I am not sure the work would
> be worth the benefit (if there even is any).

Well, at least the presence of the directx pipeline was used as an
argument against exposing a GL context via a low-level native api,
which quite a number of people with particular graphics/performance
requirements need IIRC, so this would be a potential benefit.