As Kevin already said, you won't get anywhere by discussing that on *this* list. It is out of the control of JavaFX. It is an OpenJDK-wide policy regarding the bug tracker. You would need to take it to openjdk-discuss since it is common across all OpenJDK projects. And there is some work in progress the submission easier and to provide means to add updates. I think that may have been shared in a previous thread on this or some other list.

-phil.

On 12/3/2015 10:31 AM, Markus KARG wrote:
+1

It simply must be possibly for *everyone* to open tickets, comment on tickets, vote for
tickets, without signing a CLA. We simply could have bylaws that say that you agree to
the CLA simply by using the tracker. In Germany for example, this is possible by posting
the licence agreement on the same web site and the words "By using this service you
agree to this terms.".

The must be people in charge reviewing small contributions and directly tell in
the comments field what exactly is needed to be accepted as a contribution.

Everything else will hold people back from contributing small contributions or
even report bugs.

-Markus

-----Original Message-----
From: openjfx-dev [mailto:openjfx-dev-boun...@openjdk.java.net] On Behalf Of
Mark Fortner
Sent: Donnerstag, 3. Dezember 2015 00:12
To: Florian Brunner
Cc: openjfx-dev@openjdk.java.net
Subject: Re: Future of JavaFX

I think the first hurdle is to get people to sign the CLA. Having to print
a copy, sign it, and find a fax machine or scanner to resend it seems kind
of archaic in this day and age.  That said, e-signing a PDF shouldn't be
too difficult, but it would be better if it were simply a form that you
attached your public key to. This would serve 2 purposes: (1) you have a
proxy for a signature, (2) the key could be used to access the repo.

That said, even that might be too much for people who just have a quick bug
fix that they'd like to see reviewed and merged.

Cheers,

Mark