From my perspective, from this list, TableView is a big candidate to get some
real TLC. And about animations; for testing it is very important to be able to
_easy_ detect when an animation is still active (one of the biggest problems I
currently have with CSS 3 animations).

About Layout containers, those are fairly easily written by the community, so
I'm not sure is that is what you should be focusing at. I've done MigPane and
am now working on ResponsivePane. I think the JavaFX team should more focus on
the core?

And do add mobile to that core please. Maybe not the full monty like Gluon, but
help as much as possible.