Well, a lot of people already have made suggestions. For me the focus-lost
issue is a very important thing. But more exotic is the easy data entry; this
is something that for administrative applications is a real gain (and where is
Java used a lot?). I had to hammer JTable into obedience to get it working in
the the current Swing based application. It comes down to being able -like in
MSaccess- to quickly enter data in cells; type amount,
hit-enter-on-the-number-pad, type articlenr, hit-enter-on-the-number-pad,
automatically a new row is added, type amount, ... You get the flow.

I'm going to wrap up my ResponsivePane first. Functionally it is complete, but
it needs fine tuning, tests, documentation and of course one or two blog posts.
And then I'm going to pain myself with J9 and then upgrading TestFX. I'll keep
you informed.

About FlexBox, and I'll be writing a blog on this, in web applications is it
custom to work based on a certain width and then assume unlimited vertical
space through a scrollbar. I think that in a normal application this is not the
UI that users expect, but they also expect a fixed height and then some dynamic
layout with lists and tables within. Take a minute and imagine some
applications you are using; even a webbrowser has a given width and height,
with a webview inside doing the scrolling.  So I'm taking a different approach
with ResponsivePane. Not sure if it is the correct or best, but it is working
well for my time registration testapp. I'm not seeing FlexBox happing for
applications.

Tom