Thank you for providing the patch. I uploaded it to cr.openjdk.java.net for easy browsing:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~kcr/8194871/webrev.00/

I'll review it, and sponsor the change. Since I will be pushing it, I will need one more reviewer.

My quick sanity checking shows trailing whitespace in two files, which would cause jcheck to fail:

$ hg jcheck
modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/javafx/scene/control/TableView.java:209: Trailing whitespace modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/javafx/animation/Transition.java:161: Trailing whitespace

I can fix this before I push.

-- Kevin

Nir Lisker wrote:
Hi Kevin,

Please review the attached webrev.

I addressed a few fixes I found as I was working, so they are not listed in the JIRA report.

About Transition#getParentTargetNode:
The current behavior of parent-child relationship is that an animation can be added to multiple parent transitions. Each parent transition will see that animation as its child, however, the child will see only one of those animations as its parent - the one to which is was added last. This asymmetry is a recipe for trouble (and I argue should be addressed at some point). For this reason, the doc does not specify the "last one wins" behavior, so that no contract is created. This means that it's not clear which parent is going to be queried on each (recursive) invocation.

Most of the changes could be backported to 8 and 9. In 9, the methods getRangeShape and getUnderlineShape of TextAreaSkin are also missing documentation.