Since we are talking about the layout bounds of a node, I would avoid using the term '3D scene' (or subscene) since in this case it is the node that has the characteristic of 3D (geometry or transforms) associated with it.

Anyway, let's go with the note at the end somewhere. Since layout is a 2D concept, I think it's fine if 3D users don't see anything about 3D until later.

Do you want to send a delta patch for that? Or you can send an entire updated webrev. Whichever you prefer.

-- Kevin

Nir Lisker wrote:
Yes, I initially had it as a note in the end saying something like this:

Note that for nodes in a 3D Scene (or SubScene), layoutBounds is cuboid. but thought that for someone working with 3D, seeing a 2D discussion all the way until the end will be confusing. (Also thought about putting a footnote at the end of the first sentence, but that's not a recommended style as far as I know.) My only slight concern is that "3D shapes" might hint at the Shape3D class, while any node in a 3D environment will have 3D bounds. This is also a technicality, so I wouldn't mind either way. Feel free to make a final verdict.