inline

mandy chung wrote:

On 3/23/18 9:34 AM, Ajit Ghaisas wrote:
Hi Kevin, Mandy and Daniel,

    Please review the changeset that removes dependency on sun.util.logging
package from JavaFX code.

    Bug :  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8195799
    Fix :  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aghaisas/fx/8195799/webrev.0/

buildSrc/addExports
FX modules are compiled together and I don't expect these --add-exports are needed. I suspect it's because of the boot JDK and this is a temporary dance?

Exactly. It is needed for changes that have been added to module-info.java and are not in the minimum required boot JDK, so that we can build/run apps and tests.

PlatformLogger.java
150 public static synchronized PlatformLogger getLogger(String name) {

This keeps the weak reference to all PlatformLogger created. A simplification is to return
   new PlatformLogger(System.getLogger(name));

System::getLogger should return the same instance if it has been created. I also suspect the caller of PlatformLogger::getLogger keeps a strong reference and calls it once. I recalled there were some native methods calling the Java API to set level. It has been a while back since I looked at it and things miight have changed. Is there such reference any more?

The ones that you were thinking of are in javafx.media are not calls to PlatformLogger at all, but calls to a similarly named convenience class in the javafx.media module.

Other than the above comments, this change looks good.

Thanks.

-- Kevin

Mandy