On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 23:51:48 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>>> Should this PR also add a tabSize property to controls such as TextArea? Or
>>> should that be a different PR after this one is merged?
>>
>> This would need to be a new enhancement and would first need to be discussed
>> on the openjfx-dev mailing list. There are additional things to consider in
>> order to support tab size for controls, and it isn't clear whether there is
>> enough benefit in doing it.
>
> As a follow-on point to the missing public method in TextFlow, can you add
> unit tests for the API methods on both `Text` and `TextFlow`? A good way to
> do that is to have a test for all combinations of setting the value via the
> setter and the property method, and getting the value via the getter and the
> property method.

The unit tests that were already added to `TextTest.java` cover the new methods
on Text, but not in every combination.  I'll add a couple more to ensure all
combinations are covered. `TextFlow` has no existing unit tests that I could
find!  Shall I add a new `TextFlowText.java` file for just these tests?

The apps/toys folder seems to use ant-based projects.  The existing ones don't
build for me. If I made a new project there could I use the JavaFX Gradle
plugin and configure it to get JavaFX from the build/sdk folder?