On Fri, 25 Sep 2020 19:01:35 GMT, Jeanette Winzenburg <faste...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> @kleopatra
>> It's a very good point, but the original source code seems to have a memory
>> leak problem due to an incomplete
>> implementation of dispose (). Checking with the profile tool, it looks like
>> you need a cleanup of over 20 references. I
>> think this is a problem that should be fixed in another issue.
>
> agreed that cleanup of the existing leaks (and misbehavior due to missing
> listener removal is off scope for this :) -
> but you must not add new leaks/side-effects in this fix: guarding this change
> against additional misbehavior definitely
> is in scope, IMO.

Added the **Next Step** paragraph to the PR overview.

I think it is necessary to judge this step before fixing the resource leak. The
existing code is an incomplete
implementation of dispose, assuming the development of MULTIPLE NODES mode.

@kleopatra
TextArea setSkin is not supported. Therefore, there is no existing application
that depends on it. I can't write
additional tests for incomplete implementations (it always fails).