On 2021-02-15T14:54:43 +0100
Hervé Girod <herve.gi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I did that with OpenGL some time ago. I should setup a GitHub project to show
> how it can be done.

I appreciate the response, but there is a difference between "I did it"
and "there's actually a good, officially supported way to do this". I've
seen people do various tricks like those in DriftFX:

  https://github.com/eclipse-efx/efxclipse-drift/

But it seems to me like those projects shouldn't _have_ to exist. It
seems like a bit of a design flaw that there isn't an efficient code
path to do something (relatively) simple like this.

Has anyone given any thought as to what an API like this should look
like?

--
Mark Raynsford | https://www.io7m.com