On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 15:32:17 GMT, Robert Lichtenberger <rlich...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

> Reverting to the old way of showing the context menu but with application
> of CSS prior to calling prefHeight(-1) / prefWidth(-1) to ensure correct
> size measurement of the menu.

I've finally managed to build JavaFX under Windows and tried out
MenuShowBug.java from JDK-8228363 under different setups:

**JavaFX 16**: Does not contain any fix for JDK-8228363 and thus will always
show the menu at the wrong position when opened the first time.

**PR-383**: This was the version that used AnchorLocation. When using 125% DPI,
it works well, but not perfect, i.e. when only one of my two screens is set to
125% DPI, gaps still appear sometimes. However this solution is unacceptable
anyway, due to the issue described in JDK-8261840 (for which this PR is the
fix).

**PR-410** (i.e.: this PR): I can reproduce the problem of @kevinrushforth
(i.e. gap on first click). Since up to JavaFX 16 the first opening of the menu
never worked under any DPI setting, this is not a regression but rather another
issue that we need to look into.

To be on the safe side, I also checked MenuShowBug without any stylesheets:
* JavaFX 16: Works perfectly with 100% DPI, menu slightly too low with 125% DPI
* PR-410: Works perfectly with 100% DPI, menu slightly too low with 125% DPI
i.e. no difference.