On Tue, 19 Jul 2022 22:08:19 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> …ontract
>
> 1. reword SelectionModel.isSelected(int) javadoc, removing incorrect
> statement "Is functionally equivalent to calling
> <code>getSelectedIndices().contains(index)</code>."
> 2. reimplement TableView.isSelected(int) method to return true when at least
> one cell in *any* column is selected on the given row (was: *all* columns)
> 3. change selectRowWhenInSingleCellSelectionMode() and
> selectRowWhenInSingleCellSelectionMode2() in TableViewSelectionModelImplTest
> to reflect new reality.
>
> NOTE: proposed change alters semantics of isSelected(int) method (in the
> right direction, in my opinion).

I think the behavior of utility method SelectionModel.isSelected(int) was
poorly defined in the context of TableView, and/or incorrect in case of cell
selection enabled.

People who used TableView.isSelected(int, TableColumn|TableColumnBase) will be
ok, but those who assumed (arguable incorrect) implementation may need to
revisit their code, and only in the case when cell selection is enabled.