On Thu, 4 Aug 2022 23:01:37 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I did a quick skim of the DPQS class, enough to know that code review is
> unlikely to spot the kind of subtle bugs that such code might have. So my
> main question is around testing of DQPS itself. How much standalone testing
> has been done on the sort algorithm?

I explained previously this DPQS implementation with 2 arrays has been
developped in 2019-2020, tested using unit tests, benchmarks in other github
repositories and released in Marlin2d 0.9.4.

I propose to leave it enabled in jfx20 now and if any bug is finally found, we
will be able to disable dpqs easily using this flag.

> I did see that several of the methods are missing `@param` tags in the docs,
> and while this isn't public API, it would aid understanding it a bit better
> if those were added.
>
> I'm still wondering whether it should be enabled by default. On the one hand,
> it would reduce risk to have it disabled by default. On the other hand, if we
> enable it now, we are early enough in JavaFX 20 that if problems are found,
> they can be fixed and/or it can be disabled by default later.

I totally agree.

PS: I will make the test fix before sunday I hope and backport 1 one-liner fix
in Stroker. See: https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/8943/files

Thanks