On Tue, 9 Aug 2022 15:11:49 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This is up to Kevin. It's changing the build file specifically to remove a
>> warning for Eclipse Mac users. I don't mind. Might need to do the same for
>> the other OS-specific folders.
>
> While not ideal, I suppose it's OK. I'm still amazed that Eclipse doesn't
> have the notion of optional source paths. How do people deal with this when
> debugging the JDK? Many modules (`java.base` and `java.desktop`, just to name
> two) have entire directories of platform-specific sources.
>
> I will review the changes to `build.gradle`.

It does have optional source paths, this is what I showed above:

<classpathentry kind="src" path="build/hlsl/Prism">
        <attributes>
                <attribute name="ignore_optional_problems" value="true"/>
        </attributes>
</classpathentry>

I never had any issue with optional sources. According to Andy, it's only on
Mac that Eclipse generates a warning (though not an error?), on Win and Linux
there is no issue.