On Tue, 22 Nov 2022 18:30:00 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> John Hendrikx has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Revert changes to javafx.web src/main/native
>
> modules/javafx.fxml/src/main/java/javafx/fxml/FXMLLoader.java line 156:
>
>> 154:
>> 155:         @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
>> 156:         public void add(Object element) {
>
> by removing a checked exception we are changing public API.  do we really
> want to do that?

This is part of a private class (`class Element`) that's nested within
`FXMLLoader`, not public API.

> modules/javafx.fxml/src/main/java/javafx/fxml/FXMLLoader.java line 1494:
>
>> 1492:         }
>> 1493:
>> 1494:         @Override
>
> why removing it from the base class, just to add it back in multiple places?
> is this really necessary?

The base method was empty, and it throws `IOException` which triggers a
warning.  By making it `abstract` the warning is gone (I could also have
documented it).  Since this is an internal private class, it is fine to make it
`abstract` instead (the class itself was already `abstract`).  This also means
there is no need to call the super implementation since it is now abstract and
known to be empty.