On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 01:13:13 GMT, Michael Strauß <mstra...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> John Hendrikx has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Adjust Node
>>
>>   - Fixed javadoc
>>   - Added comment for code that avoid eager instantiation
>>   - Changed `isShown` to use property if it is available
>
> modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/javafx/scene/Node.java line 1420:
>
>> 1418:      * <p>
>> 1419:      * This property can also be used to start animations when the
>> node is shown, and to stop them
>> 1420:      * when it is no longer shown.
>
> This sentence sounds like `shownProperty()` is quite deeply connected to
> animations, which it isn't. Maybe you can clarify with "For example, ..."?

I find it reads really weird when I just make it an example (without putting a
code example below it); I only added these to indicate possible use cases.

Perhaps if I rephrase it to "This property can also be useful to perform
actions when the node is shown or no longer shown, like starting and stopping
animations".