On Tue, 6 Dec 2022 23:21:55 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Karthik P K has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Address review comment. Add comments for changes
>
> modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/javafx/scene/control/skin/SliderSkin.java
>  line 404:
>
>> 402:                 // This is done to receive mouse pressed event on thumb
>> and
>> 403:                 // inturn to detect start of drag.
>> 404:                 t.setConsumeAutoHidingEvents(false);
>
> In general, I'm not in favor of setting the value of a public property (for a
> few reasons). Have you considered alternative approaches? One thing to note
> is that this will be ineffective if the app binds to the
> `consumeAutoHidingEvents` property (unlikely as that might be).

I considered following 2 approaches.

1.  Initializing `dragStart` in `layoutChildren` method as suggested in the
bug. With this approach I was not able to get the exact mouse click position on
the thumb. Thumb was lagging behind the cursor while dragging and thumb was
also flickering when initialized with (`layoutX`, `layoutY`) values.
2. Initializing `dragStart` in `initialize` method. In this case also I was not
able to get the mouse click position on the thumb. Tried initializing thumb
with `layoutX` and `layoutY` values, this causes side effect of cursor moving
to the (`layoutX`, `layoutY`) on dragging the thumb.
Because of these side effects, considered above approach.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions.