On Wed, 24 May 2023 12:11:33 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Do you have an example application that overrides this new method? That would
> help ensure that this new API is sufficient to allow an app to create a
> custom menu. The main reason I ask is that the default implementation uses
> internal classes and methods that an application does not have access to.
> Knowing that an app can do what it needs using only public API will be
> useful. I expect that it is sufficient, but an example will verify this.

I created a gist with a sample implementation and some notes here:
https://gist.github.com/Maran23/ad2f974912981788dc50880f8031d7eb
The implementation looks like this:
![image](https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/assets/66004280/b76b9b6b-8129-45e0-b3d5-496f0e88402b)

While the `TableSkinUtils` is not public API, in this case it only helps to
retrieve the columns as we do not know if the underlying table is a
`TreeTableView` or a `TableView`.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1135#issuecomment-1561597579